Serves: 10 to 12
Time: 30 Minutes
- 10 to 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup of carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of green peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- salt and black pepper to taste
- flour paste - 3 tablespoons plain flour/maida dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- oil for deep frying
- To begin making the Vegetable Spring Roll Recipe; we first need to get the spring roll wrapper ready. You can optionally use ready-made wrappers, but homemade wrappers are super easy to make and tasty too.
- Click here to see how to make homemade Spring Roll Wrappers
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok on high heat. Add in the cabbage, carrots, onions, ginger and green peppers. Saute the vegetables on high heat, until lightly softened.
- Stir in the salt and black pepper and transfer to another bowl. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Place each square spring roll wrapper on a flat surface. Apply a little flour paste along the edges of the wrapper. Place a tablespoon of the filling at one corner/edge of the wrapper.
- Fold in from the filled corner and begin rolling until you reach the center. When you reach the center, fold the ends arising from the center.
- At this stage, apply the flour paste again on the edges and roll until you reach the end. Make sure the edges are sealed well. The flour paste is important as it helps to seal the spring rolls so they don't open up when deep-fried.
- Repeat the same process and proceed to make the rest of the spring rolls.
- Preheat the oil for deep frying; add in a few rolls at a time and deep fry on medium heat until golden brown in color.
- Serve the Vegetable Spring Rolls as a party snack along with a sweet and spicy chilli sauce.