Makes 2 servings
- 3 cups par-boiled potato fingers
- oil for deep-frying
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion whites and greens
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
For The Garnish:
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion whites and greens
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick kadhai, add a few potato fingers at a time, deep-fry till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan or a wok, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce, cornflour-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the fried potato fingers, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.