Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » How to Make Bread Paneer Rolls | Indian Paneer Recipe

How to Make Bread Paneer Rolls | Indian Paneer Recipe

Written By Unknown on Sunday 20 September 2015 | 22:21

Bread Paneer Rolls are probably the easiest and quickest snack you can make with some bread slices and paneer filling. I make this often with different variations of paneer filling recipe to make a nice snack for tea time. The bunch of you who wrote to me asking 'post recipes that we can cook with kids' or kid-friendly recipes, etc etc, I am looking right at you. I don't have kids so I have never really tried this with them but I have a very good feeling about this, trust me you.



Funky paneer recipes totally float my boat, especially if they are easy to prepare. I saw this recipe in a Nita Mehta book in the library. I didn't borrow the book and didn't have anything to quickly note down ingredients and details AND I made this a whole 2 months later. So this is pretty much my own recipe, coming to think of it. What that also means is, you can make it your own by simply adapting, adding, subtracting and testing out your own variations to the paneer mix used in this recipe.

If you are looking for more easy snacks, check out my easy snacks recipes list and some other popular paneer recipes in the site like Paneer Butter Masala, Palak Paneer, and Paneer Paratha.

Bread Paneer Rolls Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup crumbled paneer
  • 1 small onion, chopped fine (I should have added this!)
  • 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/4 tsp powdered cumin / jeera
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala
  • 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
  • A small bunch of coriander, chopped fine
  • 1 tsp or a bit more tomato sauce / ketchup
  • 4 slices of bread
  • Butter to toast
  • Salt to taste 
How to Make Paneer Bread Rolls: 

 Place the crumbled panner in a nice bowl. Mine is from Ikea, thanks for asking. 


Add the red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, chopped coriander, chopped onion, and jeera to this.





Mix lightly with your finger tips. 





Then add the tomato sauce or ketchup and the ginger garlic paste.

  




Blend again with finger tips. Set aside while you prep the bread. 




Remove the crusts from your bread. Use the regular white commercial variety.  




Place about 1 tsp or so of filling on one end of the rolled out bread slice.  




Gently roll in from one end, making sure that the filling stays well within the first turn of the roll.  




Go ahead and roll it all up.  




Repeat with the remaining bread slices. 




This step may be unnecessary but I remember the book mentioning it so I did it. Wrap up the tightly rolled bread slices with filling in a clean, damp kitchen towel. I used my cheese cloth, folded over twice for enough thickness.  

 Set aside for about 15 mins. I think this makes the bread moist or something, no idea why we would do this otherwise. If you omit this step, let me know how that turns out, won't cha?




Now, butter up the rolls well on all sides. 

 


  Lightly roast in a pan until all sides are browned. Cut up and serve with tomato sauce. Don't they look lovely?

If you have store bought paneer in the fridge, then this can be put together in minutes. Imagine a fun evening cooking this with your kids or even better, wow-ing your guests with an appetizer that hardly took more than 30 mins to make. Its easy to do a bulk batch of this too. You can also cut up the rolls into smaller discs, stick a toothpick in, and serve it as a fancier appetizer. 



For More:  Tips on Indian &Chinese Recipe follow and like us on Twitter &Faeboook

SHARE

About Unknown

2 comments :

  1. Nice post…. I enjoyed reading your informative article and considering the points
    restaurant in laxmi nagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and different..
    visit in this site for sunday special...
    Weekly Offers at Chowringhee: Start your SUNDAY Masti the proper way with delicious taste of SHAKE with COOLER.Served everyday from 11:30 AM to 11:00PM
    home delivery restaurants in rajendra nagar

    ReplyDelete