- 700 gm chicken (cleaned)
- 1 cup fresh pudina/mint leaves (keep aside few leaves for garnishing)
- 1 1/2 cup thick curd (slightly beaten)
- 2 big onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 green chillies (cut lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 long cinnamon stick
- 2 big cardamom (black moti illachi )
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/2 cup milk (optional if you like to have more gravy)
- Take a big bowl and add chicken pieces, curd, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and lemon juice and stir well. Cover the bowl and keep it in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- In pan, heat the oil and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter and then add cinnamon stick and big cardamom.
- After sauteing it for 1 minute, add onions. Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Now add tomato puree ino the pan and cook it oil starts separating it.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces along with marination into this pan. Stir well on high flame for 10 minutes. Now lower the flame and cover with lid and let it cook for about another 10 minutes.
- Check if the chicken piece are nicely cooked. Otherwise, let it cook for some more time.
- Then add 2 tbsp of cream, pudina leaves, coriander powder, black pepper powder and milk and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with few pudina leaves & 1 tbsp of cream.
|1 pound or ½ kg||Chicken (boneless)|
|2 cups (chopped)||Onion|
|1 long||Green chili|
|1 cup||Fresh Mint leaves|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|1 teaspoon||Cumin seeds|
|1 teaspoon||Fennel seeds|
|10 leaves||Curry leaves|
|5 stalks||Coriander leaves|
|½ teaspoon||Turmeric powder|
|1 teaspoon||Red chili powder|
|3 teaspoons||Coriander powder|
|1 ½ teaspoon||Salt (or to taste)|
|½ cup||Water (optional)|