Panner Tikka Roll is a most famous Indian street food. Indian cottage cheese and tasty veggies are marinated in curd mixture and wrapped in Indian roti.
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 cup fresh curd (yogrut / dahi)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp crushed kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 100 g paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cubed
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small bowl coriander chutney
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup cabbage sliced
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
How to make Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll:
- Mix all the ingredients of making roll.
- With the help of water, knead a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover and keep aside.
- For making the stuffing, combine all the ingredients of the marination and add cubes of paneer in it
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and saute the diced capsicum and onion for few minutes.
- Add the mixture of paneer and saute again for few more minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and adjust with some salt, if required.
- Stir in for 2 more minutes and keep aside.
- Now make the small size balls from the prepared dough and roll out each into a thin roti.
- Heat a non-stick griddle and drizzle some oil.
- Place the rolled out roti on hot griddle and cook until 3/4th roti is done.
- Make sure the roti must not get cooked fully, else while making the roll it will get dry.
- Make all the roti’s in the same way and keep aside.
- Now place the prepared roti either on a chopping board or on the clean surface of the kitchen, spread some butter and coriander chutney all over the on the roti.
- Put the prepared stuffing mixture evenly on the center of the roti, sprinkle some sliced onion, carrot and cabbage.
- Finally sprinkle some chaat masala powder and fold the roti horizontally from the lower side first and then vertically from the sides.
- Fix the sides with the help of toothpicks and make sure that no stuffing is coming out or falling down.
- For the serving you can either heat this roll on hot griddle or in preheated oven for 2 minutes and serve piping hot.
- You can wrap each roll in an aluminum foil, cut diagonally into two pieces and serve with the dip/sauce or chutney of your choice.
- Whole wheat flour can be used instead of all-purpose flour.
- Low fat curd is the best option for the marination purpose.
- Paneer can be substituted with low fat paneer, if required.